My name is Laura and I was born in Barcelona. As I liked doing creative things, I graduated in Advertising and Public Relations and I worked as a Marketing and Communication expert for 13 years. An exciting career that did not leave me time to get bored… nor to think too much… was it really my life role to be one more in the wheel of consumption? Or could I contribute with something more valuable to the world?
No doubt I could do it… and I wanted to! Then yoga appeared in my life. How could I have lived until then without it? Yoga removed my back pain, my «mouse disease» (my fingers were asleep because of so many hours in front of the computer), my morning laziness and my usual lack of concentration. Also my squeaky voice. Yoga gave me strength, toned up my muscles, made my posture more slim, gave me flexibility, energy and peace, so much peace … I had finally found something that made me jump out of bed in the morning without long faces. It was not an obligation but a pleasure, I felt shiny and energetic … I felt happy!
Then life gave me a gift, the opportunity to leave my job to take the yoga path. I traveled to India to deepen my practice and to study in the cradle of yoga (YTT 200h – IYF International Yoga Federation – Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga certified teacher). Back home I wanted more, and I had the honour to get trained with the inspiring Amelie Strecker at Yogaroom Barcelona, (RYT 200h – Yoga Alliance – Hatha Vinyasa Yoga certified teacher). With the great Kathy Paez, from Zentro Yoga Barcelona, I got trained in Yin Yoga.
After a few enriching and meaningful years in Barcelona, teaching group and private classes, guiding workshops in different rooms and schools and organizing various yoga and meditation retreats in nature, a new door opened in Ibiza, and I did not think anymore! On the island I find the strength of a spectacular land that welcomes me and the love of a fellow traveller with whom I share the lifelong project vacations and yoga retreats in nature.
In Ibiza I offer regular classes, workshops and private yoga sessions. My classes are fluid and rhythmic, without losing the emphasis on the alignment. I like to propose sequences from less to more, which prepare the body and the mind to enter into a deep connection with the breath. I feel joy to see how the students meet again with their strength, their balance and their inner wisdom.
Thanks to yoga that makes me feel full of life. That shows me my great potential to give and opens my heart to receive. That brings me peace, well-being and connection. That makes me happy.
Thanks to all my teachers, classmates, students, friends and people that makes my way easier.
With love and humility,
- Oct 2017 – May 2018: Workshops 40h Yoga and Energetic Alignment with Harmony Hannigan of Nayana Yoga, Chandra Ibiza
- Oct 2016 – May 2017: Respiratory Psychotherapy Training with Carlos Velasco, in Barcelona.
- Jul – Aug 2014: Intensive Training 200h Hatha Vinyasa Yoga with Amelie Strecker, Yogaroom Barcelona.
- Oct 2013 – May 2014: 200h Hatha Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga Alliance Certificate, with Amelie Strecker, Yogaroom Barcelona
- Mar – Apr 2013: International Yoga Federation (IYF) Certificate, 200h Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. Mahatma Yoga Foundation, Rishikesh, India
- Sept – Nov 2014: Workshop 40h Yoga for the Voice with Inés Lolago. Casa Creciente Barcelona
- Mar – Apr 2014: 40h Yin Yoga Training with Kathy Páez. Zentro Yoga Barcelona
- Mar – Apr 2014: 28h Chakras and Energy Anatomy Seminar with Claudio San Martin. Yoga Bindu Barcelona.
- Feb 2014: 14h Yoga for Kids Diploma with Delphine Guermeur. Zentro Yoga Barcelona
- 1995/96 – 2010: Marketing, advertisement and PR training. Masters Degree in Digital Direct Marketing (Idec – UPF), Masters Degree in Corporate Communication Management (EAE), Degree in Advertising and Public Relations (UAB) Barcelona.
- Since March 2016: group and private classes, workshops in Ibiza (Chandra Ibiza, Biopunt Sant Antoni, Bfit Ibiza, Pure Om Santa Eulalia, Asana Ibiza, Centre de Creació Jove Ibiza)
- Since July 2013: group and private classes, workshops in Barcelona (Yogaroom, Zentro Yoga, La Shala, sala Tainos, sala Nintai, sala Suribachi, espai Ronda, estudio Lo Corporal)
- Since 2014: yoga retreats in nature. Check here all the retreats
Know more about Laura’s yoga styles
Read opinions and student’s comments
People and projects that inspire me